While working on your computer and suddenly IRIS OCR software pop up, don’t get panic. It’s not something complicated as you thought and not a virus attack anyway. You can also remove the software by uninstalling it if you don’t need it without crashing your system. Optical Character Recognition software works along with a scanner device to create digital files that can be used in searching for words or phrases. I.R.I.S. is a software tech company that specializes in OCR.
How Does OCR Works?
By default, A scanner device converts a paper document into a bitmapped format. Every human eye can read texts in a scanned image; however, a computer is unable to see those texts. An OCR program generates a computer-readable sheet on top of the picture whenever you make each scan. Later on, the computer can locate texts in a readable sheet for particular words or phrases. Suppose you don’t want to scan too many documents, OCR may be useless in this situation. However, it can be valuable to anyone who regularly searches scanned paperwork for one reason or the other.
The I.R.I.S. Blooms
I.R.I.S. products are of two types includes Readiris OCR software for personal use and Readiris Corporate for businesses. PDFs, Word, Excel and HTML files convert scanned documents to searchable formats by the Readiris. Readiris can also scan documents in more than 130 languages, including Arabic, English, Korean, Icelandic, French, Hungarian, Indonesian, Persians and Occitan. Other I.R.I.S. products include a portable document scanner, pen scanners and business card scanners.
How Do I Remove IRIS OCR?
If you wantto remove or uninstall the I.R.I.S. OCR completely from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window’s Control Panel. You need to perform the following steps below:
- While click on the Start menu (for Windows 10, click the settings, under Apps And Features, then locate and click on I.R.I.S. OCR, then tap uninstall), or click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
- When you find the program I.R.I.S. OCR, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
- Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove IRIS OCR.