iPhone 14 pro doesn’t have a sim card tray, simply because it is from the United state. This post will show you how to activate eSIM on your iPhone 14 Pro.
Besides, only MTN and 9mobile currently support eSIM in Nigeria. However, you can either port your Glo or Airtel sim card to activate eSIM on MTN or 9mobile on your iPhone 14. However, carrier providers from the U.S, including AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile, are preloaded with the virtual sim card, and you don’t need to do much o activating it.
eSim Carrier Activation
While technology keeps advancing daily, eSim replaces physical sim cards embedded in an iPhone. It allows users to have more than two SIM cards. However, iPhone 14 Pro can host up to eight SIM cards simultaneously. Users can easily work to the nearby carrier provider office and request for SIM swap. So it is very much easy to setup, activate and load eSim on your iPhone 14. You only need to take some steps.
How To Setup eSim On An iPhone 14 Pro
- Goto Settings
- Open Cellular or Mobile data
- Add a Cellular plan.
- Tap on add eSim
- Scan a QR code provided by your Carrier or transfer an existing eSIM from your iPhone. If you have an older iPhone, you can change your physical SIM to an eSIM.
- A ton of numbers will appear on the screen to transfer the plan. Make sure both iPhones are on iOS 16 for this to work. Otherwise, manually select the “Transfer from Nearby iPhone” option.
- Manual guides or instructions on the old model will help you through this process. Enter the verification code — which will be shown on the new iPhone — on the older iPhone.
- Once you transfer the plan to the new iPhone, your Carrier will send you a notification message to complete the setup.
QR Code Support
- Suppose your Carrier has allocated you a QR code. You can select the “Use QR Code” option while setting up the new iPhone or using the camera.
- In some countries, the “Use QR Code” option is found under Settings > Mobile Data > Add eSIM.
Converting physical SIM
Some carriers like MTN and 9Mobile can easily convert the physical SIM to eSIM by visiting their nearby office. You can go to Settings > Cellular, select Convert to eSIM, and then click on the Convert Cellular Plan option. While confirming the cellular plan, you want to covertly click on Convert to eSIM and wait for a few seconds to the setup and activate it. You can leave your comment below if you face any challenges, we’ll happy to assist you or get answer from our audiences.