Opening a browser to check and look for information quickly, you’re bombarding with popping up unwanted websites as it may harm your computer. Malware or virus may have infected your computer from one way or another, and you’re strongly advised to enabled a pop-up blocker. Yet, there’re many other reasons behind the blocking unwanted websites and pop-ups from opening automatically.
It ensures uninterrupted and safe internet surfing experiences, most prominently when you’re in a hurry mood.
Fortunately, most, if not all, the web browsers come with built-in pop-up blockers. Activating a pop-up blocker does not confirm that you will never encounter websites opening automatically, though it can considerably reduce the pop-ups. Let’s try to see how to stop automatic opening of websites in Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer browsers.
- How Do You Fix An Invalid Server Certificate Error In Chrome
- Fix DirecTV Signal: How To Adjust A DirecTV Satellite Dish
- iPhone Clock Settings: How To Set The Clock On My iPhone
How To Block Unwanted Websites From Opening Automatically On The Internet Explorer 8 Brower:
You need to perform the following tasks:
- Firstly, Launch the browser
- Navigate to select “Pop-up Blocker” from the “Tools” menu.
- Then choose “Turn on Pop-up Blocker” from the “Pop-up Blocker” menu.
To enable pop-ups for particular websites by choosing “Pop-up blocker settings” from the “Pop-up blocker” tool menu, then enter the URL of the site in the “Address of the website to allow” field and then clicking “Add.”
How To Block Unwanted Websites From Opening Firefox 3.6 Browser Automatically
You need to follow the steps below:
- Open the Firefox browser, select “Tools” and then choose by clicking on “Options.”
- Tap on the “Content” tab and then select by clicking on the “Block pop-up windows” checkbox.
- Apply to make the changes by choosing “OK.”
How To Stop The Automatic Opening Of Websites In Google Chrome 5.0
- Launch the browser
- Select the “Wrench icon.”
- Then choose “Options.”
- Select the “Under the Hood” tab option
- Then choose “Content settings.”
- Tap on the “Pop-ups” tab
- Choose the “Do not allow any sites to show pop-ups (recommended)” radio button option.
- Next, choose “Close.”
These are the best way to enable pop-up blockers on how to stop automatic opening of websites in Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- Remote Desktop Free Share Screen Tools In 2020
- XML File: How To Edit XML File On A Computer’s Desktop
- How To Use WhatsApp Web On An Android Tablet And iPad