Invalid server certificate chrome error in google chrome browser seems to be one of the most significant mistakes while surfing the internet. It prevents users from entering sites with malware or virus. Hackers used this type of website with invalid server certificates to steal your credit card and other personal data.
If you trust the site, you want to visit. And you are experiencing Invalid server certificate error either in google chrome or any other browser. Then this post will fix this type of internet error for you before we go into the steps involved to fix the error. It is good to have little background knowledge about Invalid server certificate most especially in google chrome browser. consider read on how to turn on or off sites notifications on chrome for android, computer and iOS.
What is Invalid Server Certificate Chrome Error?
An invalid server certificate is the type of error that a user is experiencing in an attempt to visit a website or a web page. It commonly found in google chrome and any other browsers. It usually occurs when the browser like google chrome fails to connect. And also fail to verify the secure socket layer encryption of a particular site.
Causes of Experiencing Invalid Server Certificate Chrome
Three different reasons can cause an invalid server certificate while surfing the internet.
SSL Certificate Not Installed Properly
The first one is, the site you are trying to visit may not install SSL Certificates properly. So it is good to call the attention of the site owner or developer to fix the error.
No matter the type of domain protocol, the site without HTTPS protocol is not secure to visit. Such a website may be experiencing an invalid server certificate if it still under construction.
Another reason why you may be experiencing such an error is relative to the desktop CMOS battery. The CMOS battery ensures and maintains accurate time and date even if the PC is power off. Even anytime you power on your PC, the time and date must be correct according to your Geographical zone.
So whenever there’s a problem with CMOS battery. It usually reset BIOS to default thereby causing the entire system to restore the manufacturing time and date. And thus causing invalid server certificate which prevents the user from visiting any web page most especially google chrome.
When the SSL Certificate of the Website Expired
A website visitors may be experiencing Invalid certificate error because the SSL certificate has expired. And it is thereby preventing visitor to access the website. So it is good to let the site owner aware and get it to fix as soon as possible. You can purchase an SSL certificate from Namecheap at an affordable price of different security level.
How To Fix Invalid Server Certificate Chrome Error In Google Chrome Browser
There are three simple methods you can use to fix invalid server certificate error in google chrome.
1st Method: Add Trusted Sites To The Security List
- Open Google Chrome and navigate to “Settings.”
- Scroll down to bottom and tap on “Advanced.”
- Now Scroll down till you find “Open Proxy Settings” under “System” and click it
- Tap on the “Security” tab and hit “Trusted Sites.”
- Click on “Sites” button (here you can enter the site URL with SSL certificate error)
- Tap on “Add” button
- Ensure that “Security Level” is installed to “Medium” under Proxy Settings
After the stated above method, you are trying to access the site, and you realize that the error persists. Then you can move on to the next way.
- How To Stop Unwanted Websites From Popping Up In 2020
- How To Fix Satellite Dish Signal When It Says No Signal
- Patch Codes For TigerStar, Starsat, Geant And Others
2nd Method: Adjust Time And Date of the Windows
Just like I have said earlier. This error also comes up if the time and date of the PC are not correctly set. So it is good to reset time and date relative to the geographical zone. To do this:
- Click on the time and date on the right corner taskbar or
- Search for time and date on the “Taskbar Search option.”
- Click on “Date and time Settings.”
- Switch “Set time Automatically” ON
Note: Make sure that your Google Chrome browser and your windows are up to date. If you still facing invalid certificate error in your chrome browser, then proceed to the next method.
3rd Method: Clear SSL State Cache
- Open Goole Chrome browser and go to “Settings.”
- Move down to the bottom and click on “Advanced.”
- Now, scroll down till you find “Open Proxy Settings” and then click on it
- This time, go to “Content” tab and click on the “Clear SSL State.”
- After that, close everything and reboot your PC
That’s it how to fix invalid certificate error in google chrome browser. Don’t forget to share this post. If you find this post interesting, don’t forget to share it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How To Repair “Adobe Acrobat Failed to Load Its Core DLL”
- How To Block Unwanted Websites From Opening Automatically
- iPhone Clock Settings: How To Set The Clock On My iPhone