You probably come across a post inspiring and worthy to share on your Facebook timeline. Unfortunately, there’s no share button option as usual. There are many possible causes why the share button option is missing on your Facebook posts. In this post, I will show how to fix and make a Facebook post shareable.
How To Make A Facebook Post Shareable
Suppose one of your Facebook mutual friends make a phone call regarding one of your posts but cannot do so, and then you need to make changes to your privacy settings to make post sharing possible.
Facebook’s privacy settings allow the user to manage your account from who can access your posts, videos, and image. Facebook user can make changes in privacy settings on each post to make shareable by the below steps:
- Click on the “Privacy” option close to the post timestamp.
- Choose by selecting “friends” or “public.” In my case, I choose “Friends.” allowing friends only to be able to share your post, or
- Select “Public,” allowing anyone to be able to see and share your Facebook posts.
Yet, you can make changes to your privacy settings for future posts as follows:
- Clicking the drop-down pointer at the top right corner of the Facebook dashboard
- Scroll down to click on the “Settings” and the “Privacy.”
- Click on the “Who can see your future post” option.
- Select “Friends’ to make all your future posts shareable to your Friends only. If you like to reverse the settings, please go back to the “Privacy Section.”
Sharing Facebook Posts From Pages
By default, Facebook pages are available to see by anyone; hence it is entirely public for everybody to share even if you don’t like it.
Facebook users can easily share a page post by clicking on the “Share” below the post and then writing your messages if you like. Click the “Share Now” option to share the post with your friends.
Facebook groups are more advance than pages because they can either be private or public. A Facebook group post can be share to those that aren’t the members.
However, Assuming Facebook group is set to private, users can only share posts from the group to the group’s fellow members.
Sharing Facebook Posts From Friends
Nobody can share a friend’s Facebook post without your friend’s privacy settings permission is set to the “Friends.” You probably not fail to see the share button below a friend’s post. Such a friend’s Facebook account might be blocked temporarily. If not locked down, you can seek permission from your friend to make changes to his privacy settings on a post to “Friends,” allowing you and others to share his post. To know more about how Facebook collect user’s data visit here.