PayPal only allows Nigerian to send money or make a purchase online but can’t receive funds due to financial crime. It has been a while now Nigeria Government has put a cumulative monthly spending limit to $100 for making an online purchase or sending money to a direct merchant via PayPal.
Whether you are a direct merchant or business organization who finds it difficult to send and receive payment, that’s why this post comes up to solve your problem. Before I move on to the step-by-step guides on how you can easily send and receive money through PayPal without restrictions, let me give you a brief explanation about this service.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is a global online payment service company that makes both offline and online business possible. It acts as a middle-man or Escrow service between the buyer and seller for secure transactions. PayPal offers the buyer to open a dispute of a specific transaction if the item is not as described by the seller or not received or damaged under the buyer protection scheme, but this features is not available on Skrill platform.
There’s a seller protection policy if the buyer is trying to get the money paid back without any damage or received the item but claim that the item is not received. PayPal need How To Create A PayPal Account That Sends And Receive Money in Nigeria? s to review the disputed transaction and contact the seller to provide concrete evidence of the item being sold to the buyer. PayPal decides who to get paid between the buyer and seller. For more details, refer to PayPal policy. They have the right to hold payment for a while to protect the buyer from fraudulent transactions.
If you’re a direct seller or a company that wants to have an active PayPal account that sends and receives money in Nigeria, this post is here for you.
- Active Email Address
- Active Nigeria and United Arab Emirate Phone number
- Any means of Nigerian identification such as Passport, Driver license, and National ID card
- A prepaid card, preferably UBA Prepaid Card, or any other bank card
- A Payoneer account with the U.S Community Federal Bank Account.
Important Notice: To create an active PayPal account that sends and receives money in Nigeria, you must create a United Arab Emirates business PayPal account visit this page.
How To Create A PayPal Account That Sends And Receive Money in Nigeria?
Firstly log on to the official UAE PayPal page via this link
Click on sign up to register
Choose business account
Enter your email you want to use to create a PayPal account, and click continue
Enter the password and click continue
On the Business page, Give your first name, your legal surname, and Organization’s legal name (This is the name you want customers to see)
Scroll down to enter your Nigeria phone number
Enter the business, including P.O.Box, additional information like City, and choose any location from Emirate (Duba, Abu Dhabi, or Sharjah).
Set up the currency you prefer to use as the primary currency to send and receive money on PayPal
Tick the small box to agree and condition, I agree to the User Agreement and Privacy Statement. Click Agree and continue option below.
Describe your business. Choose business type, Product or Service Keyword, and Website (optional) and click continue.
At the last stage, enter the date of birth, nationality, e.g., Nigeria, identity document (Passport, Driver’s license, and National ID). Enter the National ID number. Tick the small box to use the previous address as the current residential address and click submit
You have login successfully and opened a PayPal account to send and receive money in Nigeria.
READ ALSO: How To Send Anonymous Messages on Instagram
How To Create A PayPal Account That Sends And Receive Money in Nigeria? Confirm Email Address
- Goto to the Paypal home page
- On the yellow flag indicating confirm the email address, click see more details. You will see that your primary email is unconfirmed.
- Go to your email inbox, click on the confirm your email link option (highlighted in blue color)
- Sign in to your PayPal account by entering your password
- Click on confirm email address option.
- Wait for a few seconds to verify. Once you successfully log in to your PayPal account.
- Then, Click on the summary, you will notice that the yellow flag indicating to confirm email address has been disappeared.
- So you have successfully confirmed your PayPal email address.
PayPal won’t allow you to send money without confirming your email address, but you can receive money. This money will be on hold until you confirm your email address and others option.
To link a credit with your PayPal account, then you must have a Prepaid master or visa. If you try your bank card and it doesn’t work. Preferably go to any UBA bank, request a prepaid card, and you don’t need to be a UBA customer to ask for it. Activate the card with the bank procedure and fund the card with the minimum local currency equivalent to $5. Once done, you’re good to go to link your PayPal account by following the steps below:
How To Create A PayPal Account That Sends And Receive Money in Nigeria? Link And Confirm A Credit Card
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- You will see a yellow flag indicating the link and confirm debit or credit card. Click on the see detail.
- Once you do that, link a payment method page will appear.
- Click on link a bank account option.
- Enter your card details, including card number, card type, expiration date, security code
- Choose your billing address.
- Click the link card option.
- Once done, You will get a message that You linked your card with the last four-digit
- Click done, and a new page will show your card details.
- Click confirm your card, and a new page will open. At this point, make sure you fund your card to avoid card decline because a small amount will deposit on your card.
- Click Get a Code option. Sometimes it takes 3-5 business working days to get the debit alert from your bank. However, you get the code instantly if you use UBA prepaid card.
- Once you get the code, for instance (PP*2603CODE)
- Go back to the card page, click confirm your card, enter the four-digit code.
- Click a verify your card, and wait for a few seconds.
- Once done, you will get a message that you have successfully verified your card.
- Go back to the PayPal summary or home page, and you will notice that the yellow flag has been removed.
Once you have completed all these steps verifications, you can request, send, and receive money on your PayPal in Nigeria. You have successfully open a PayPal account.
With the PayPal business account, you can shop online, request, send, receive, create invoices and integrate the PayPal button on your website for the customer to pay you. If you can’t send money, learn how to fix it here.
How To Receive Money with PayPal In Nigeria
This comprises of receiving funds in your PayPal account and withdrawing it straight to your Nigeria bank account. As a Nigerian, you can’t link your local bank directly to your PayPal. Remember that the PayPal account opened belongs to the United Arab Emirates. So you have to link a United States bank account with your PayPal.
Before the money is deposited into your Nigeria local bank account, you have to link a Payoneer account with your PayPal to receive the money from Payoneer to link to your Nigeria bank account.
You can also send the money in your PayPal balance to your brother or a friend in need of U.S currency or shop online and then receive the funds in exchange for Nigeria’s local currency and straight to your bank account.
Alternatively, you can contact Palxchange to exchange the PayPal funds and get your money paid straight to your Nigeria bank account.
After you successfully open a PayPal account that sends and receive money in Nigeria. You may be facing some challenges, and the comment section is here to post your questions and a possible solution from experts around the world. My appreciation goes to Mr. Franklin Emmanuel, who makes the video tutorial on sending and receiving money with PayPal in Nigeria. For details on terms and conditions for business PayPal, read this.